Some things are more exciting for preparing for the arrival of a small new baby. Strollers, cribs, a diaper bag, etc. they’re all on everyone’s favorite baby equipment list.
But buying the best travel car seat for toddler? That’s more hard work than having fun. Even the best travel car seat for babies is hard to inspire. We know that raising children can be difficult. That’s why we strive to make your life easier with the latest and best baby seat advice for parents.
There are many things to consider as you prepare to have your new baby with your family. Safety is paramount to all new parents, and choosing the best and safest child seat is of great importance. Parents will never forget to drive their brand new little one home in the car for the first time as they are hauling the most precious haul possible.
7 Baby Travel Car Seats For 2021
The hundreds of options and often conflicting reviews make the task even more daunting. And yet you won’t be able to get your little infant out of the hospital door without a travel car seat. Do not worry. Our list of best travel car seats will make this purchasing trip a breeze.
1) Baby Trend Flex-Loc Infant Car Seat
The Baby Trend Flex-Loc is an inexpensive, easy-to-install infant seat with average crash-test results. This in-budget seat is a good choice for families on a very tight budget or for those looking for a second seat for a less frequently used caregiver or car.
The Baby Trend company has been in the baby product business for over 26 years. They design a multitude of baby-centered equipment, from diaper trays to toddler car seats for travel. The company offers affordable baby products. The seat isn’t the best quality and has some less useful features, like a scruffy canopy and a harder-to-use chest clip.
- Dimension: 16.25 x 14.66 x 26 inches.
- Weight: 15 pounds.
- It has a 5-point adjustable safety harness.
- The best thing is, it has a push-button height-adjustable base.
- One-hand easy-access seat release.
- Superior side impact head protection and soft head support.
- The handle is smooth which will avoid scratching your hand while carrying the seat.
Pros & Cons
2) UPPAbaby MESA Infant Car Seat
The MESA is designed with intuitive innovations you can see and features that take the guesswork out of it. It has a Smart Secure System which is the combination of retractable latch connectors and a visual indicator that changes from red to green, providing an installation that is very simple and most importantly accurate.
Non-threaded harness with integrated side impact protection and one-hand release. The best part of the UPPAbaby infant car seat is that it is the only one travel car seat for a toddler in the whole market that meets federal safety standards without a single use of fire retardant chemicals.
- Dimension: 25.8 x 17 x 23 inches.
- Weight: 25 pounds.
- The baby travel seat is available in 5 different colors.
- It has a no-rethread harness.
- It has self-retracting latch connectors.
- SmartSecure system with a tightness indicator.
- It has a 4-position adjustable foot on the base of the seat.
Pros & Cons
3) Minnie Mouse Light & Comfy Baby Car Seat
The Light ‘n Comfy Luxe Infant Car Seat is a one-way fun to keep your baby safe and secure during your travels. It’s packed with great safety features that should be the number one priority on your list of things to consider when shopping for a new travel car seat. The Minnie Mouse pattern is a very attractive factor for small children who are big fans of Disney.
This lightweight car seat for a toddler makes it convenient for parents to carry with them, especially when they are trying to juggle many items together. The seat pad and foot cover are made from plush fabrics to keep your little one comfortable and fit during the ride.
- Dimension: 31 x 18 x 15 inches.
- Weight: 15 pounds.
- A Minnie Mouse theme is popular among children.
- For more convenience, it is equipped with a latch system and latch storage.
- It has a 5-point harness system to keep your baby tight and secure.
- A removable headrest is provided for additional comfort.
Pros & Cons
4) Cosco Mighty Convertible Baby Car Seat
It’s very rare to find a car seat to protect a child for less than $100, but the Cosco Mighty Fit 65 DX does just that. It is an affordable convertible car seat designed for children weighing 5 to 65 pounds.
This lightweight car seat has many benefits and features for a car seat in its price range. In addition, the fabric cover can be removed and thrown in the washing machine when you inevitably need it too. The MightyFit 65 is also fairly compact, which gives more legroom for the front seat passengers when installed in the rear-facing position.
- Dimension: 17 x 22 x 23.5 inches.
- Weight: 13 pounds.
- This baby travel seat has multiple heights and buckles.
- Entire latch compatible which most parents prefer.
- Takes up less room than a typical baby travel seat.
Pros & Cons
5) Graco SnugRide Infant Car Seat
The Graco SnugRide 30 Classic Connect is a relatively new addition to the Graco child seat list. The SnugRide 30 offers several advantages over the other models. With a minimum weight limit of 4 pounds and no specified minimum height, it should fit small newborn and premature babies are slightly better than other models.
The SnugRide SnugLock 30 child seat easily installs with the vehicle’s seat belt or latch and protects rear-facing infants from 4 to 30 pounds. In three easy steps with the unique SnugLock technology, you can be sure that you have a safe installation. The base with its 4-position incline and easy-to-read level indicator helps take the guesswork out of installation.
- Dimension: 18.19 x 16.54 x 27.48 inches.
- Weight: 17.2 Pounds.
- Removable head and body support offers soft cushioning.
- Both latch connectors and a manual can be stored in a convenient compartment when not in use.
- Rotating canopy provides shade and sun protection for baby.
- Rigorously crash tested to meet or exceed U.S. safety standards.
Pros & Cons
6) Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Car Seat
The Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-In-1 car seat is a sweet ride which is loaded with plush upholstery, not fitted with just one, but two cup holders. It has a machine washable and dry-safe seat pad and converts into a booster seat so you can use it all the way to your seat, and the child beats 100 lbs.
This is the best travel car seat for families who are looking for a convertible toddler car seat for travel with expandable height (great for smaller vehicles) or a lighter car seat that is easier to move between vehicles.
- Dimensions: 24 x 19 x 23.75 inches.
- Weight: 18 pounds.
- Padded body pillow for infant protection and support.
- It has harness holders to keep straps out of the way while placing your baby in a seat.
- 2 dishwasher-safe cup holders.
- Approved for use on aircraft.
Pros & Cons
7) Evenflo LiteMax 35 Infant Car Seat
Evenflo continues to create new definitions to industry standards with rollover toddler car seats for travel. The LiteMax 35 child seat is the easiest car seat to carry. It is specially designed for your lifestyle.
It is an extremely light carrier and ergonomic handle and is specially designed for maximum comfort when carrying your little one. The LiteMax 35 also features an easy-to-install base that comes with a two-stage vehicle belt lock for quick and safe installation. LiteMax 35 also offers 4 reclining options to optimize the comfort of your child on long car journeys.
- Dimensions: 18.3 x 17.8 x 30 inches.
- Weight: 16 pounds.
- Temperature regulating Outlast fabric.
- Canopy offering a zip-out panel for an extension.
- Padded insert is available.
- Harness and buckle pads.
- Push-in sure safe lower anchor connectors available.
- Vehicle belt lock-off.
Pros & Cons
Buying Guide For Baby Car Seats
Selecting the perfect one always is dependent upon your requirements. We’ve supplied a voucher list with comprehensive information below. Reading it makes it possible to understand which fits you best.
1) Types of car seats according to age: Fundamentally, there are just three kinds of automobile seats – infant, convertible and booster. A thorough description of each type is introduced below.
- Infant car seat: It’s by far the most preferred kind of infant car seat to one of the parents. Additionally, it is called a rear-facing car seat since it could only be utilized for back-facing. If your infant is 1 year to fifteen months, then you can elect for a baby car seat. They provide enough protection against newborns to toddlers weighing up to 18kgs. It includes a removable carrier that needs to be joined to the foundation installed in the vehicle.
- Convertible car seat: As its name implies, this one may be utilized as a rear-facing car seat and forward-facing car seat. It needs to be utilized as rear-facing for children under 1 year and 8 kg of weight reduction. And when the baby spans 1 year old era, it may be utilized as a front-facing till they weigh 20 kg or even more. It’s a greater rear-facing weight limitation so infants can travel longer in relation to front-facing – that is the safest solution for kids according to the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Booster car seat: This kind of car seat can be used for children who snore the height and weight limitations of front-facing harnesses. Booster increases the height of the chair so that the seat belt fits right to the kid across the sternum into the middle of their collarbone and to round the upper thighs. They can be found in two different types – backless and high back. High-back versions offer better side effects than backless one. But backless ones are mobile and easy to install.
2) Harness Types: A harness is a significant variable as guarantees the security and security of the infant. There are two sorts of harness – 5 stages and 3 stages.
- 5-Point Harness – It includes two shoulder straps, 2 waist straps and one between-the-point harness that holds the infant in place firmly.
- 3-Point Harness – This contrasts to the chair only at 3 factors — two shoulder straps and 1 between-the-legs strap.
3) Side-impact protection: Protection of the infant in an automobile isn’t confined to front effects. Protection from unwanted is every bit as essential as rocky streets make the infant inside instructions. Be certain that the infant car seat has this important attribute.
4) Automobile Seat Suitability: Well, if the infant car seat you buy does not match your vehicle then all of the investment moves in vain. Every automobile chair is different — some might fit nicely in tiny cars although others can fit in massive ones.
5) Effortless Setup: Make certain the manufacturer gives a comprehensive installation manual. Without that, it is quite tough to comprehend how to utilize or alter it from 1 automobile to another.
6) Cozy: Assess the padding of this baby car seat. Make sure it provides adequate mind aid. These variables are significantly supplying a comfortable drive for your infant, however long or short it could be.
7) Easy to Clean: Well, mothers already are well aware of how infants are rather messy. That’s the reason — be certain that the baby car seat is waterproof or if the cover may be removed for washing.
8) Reject Second Hand: Never buy used infant car seats as it might contain concealed damage which undermines the security of your kid.
9) Crash Test: Always remember to check whether the travel car seat has passed the crash test mentioned by the American Academy of Paediatrics.
10) Check Weight and Height Limits: When you finally decide on the baby car seat, don’t forget to check the maximum weight and height limits mentioned on the label or the manufacturer guide.
11) Light in Weight: Always look for the lightest baby car seat available. Because if the car seat is heavy and you carry the baby sitting in your travel car seat, you can have pain in your shoulder.
Baby Travel Car Seat According To Their Age
- Travel car seat for 1-year-old: At this age, the baby should be in a rear-facing travel car seat for the baby. Some will fit in all infant car seats but don’t forget to check your child’s stats regarding all seat adjustment requirements. If you still want to read the whole review on this then you can check out our deep reviews on the car seat for 1 year old baby.
- Travel car seat for 2-year-old: A 2-year-old must ride in a convertible rear-facing car seat. American Pediatricians recommend keeping your child rear-facing until he reaches the limits of the seat, and today many children ride rear-facing until age 4-5! If you’re interested in reading the whole article on 2 years old baby car seat then you can check it out.
- Travel car seat for 3-year-old: A 3 year old car seat can be in a convertible car seat (ideally rear-facing, but forward-facing is acceptable at this age) or a combo car seat using harness mode. If you still have some doubts then visit the full article by clicking here.
- Travel car seat for 4-year-old: A 4 year old car seat can be in a forward-facing 5-point harness, although some of the families may still be able to use rear-facing travel car seats. If you want to know more information than you can read our full travel car seat review by clicking here.
- Travel car seat for 5-year-old: Ideally, at this age, the toddler should be in a forward-facing 5-point harness Car seat – Can be a convertible car seat or an all-in-one car seat. If you want to read an article on a 5 year old then click here.
- Travel car seat for 6 year old: It is recommended that at this age, use a forward-facing car seat or booster seat. This all depends on how mature your little one is for his age. Most of them are ride-ready in a booster seat without a backrest for the car, but if this is not the case, you should secure them in a seat with a 5-point harness. You can read a full review from here.
When Can We Place Our Baby In A Forward-Facing Car Seat In 2021?
In 2018, the American Academy of Paediatrics (AAP) published new things for car seat safety. They removed their previous age-related recommendation that children stay rear-facing in car seats until the age of 2.
A new recommendation suggests that children should stay rear-facing till they reach the weight/height restrictions suggested by the manufacturer. This is based on research that rear facing provides safer support for the head, neck, and back.
If you have reached the conclusion of the article means you are pretty much aware of everything in the Car seat. And we hope this will definitely help you out. But still, if you’ve any doubt then you can contact us by commenting down below. We will try our best to solve your queries.
How can I select the safest baby travel car seat?
I hope that our buying guide has already helped you out. But if you still have any queries then you can ask us in the comments.
How long can the babies be seated in a car seat?
Most of today’s cars are comfortable. But still, they restrict the side movement of the babies. So you should stop your car every couple of hours and give your child a break.
Can we allow the Babies to sleep inside the car seat?
Yeah sure, but as I mentioned above, ensure that you take your child out after every couple of hours and give them a break for at least 15 minutes.
Is there any law, related to baby car seats?
In some of the developed countries, baby car seats are legally required. If you do not use a baby car seat then a fine can be imposed on you. According to the law, all children must be in the baby car until they are 1.49m (4 ft 9in) tall.