So, your son is four? What a beautiful age!
By the age of four, children gain self-confidence, whether they go down the slides by themselves, put on shoes or give us their opinion on why they should take everything: the little ones go on a shorter trip, go to school or a long trip to the country. To go on a trip, you need to be sure that they are safe and secure.
They reach new heights and parents have to adapt to keep up, which means buying new clothes, more food, and maybe a different car seat. Children grow up at the age of four. The car seat you choose adjusts to the spikes of growth. The best types of baby car seats for this purpose are booster seats or reclining seats that can be converted into booster seats.
Stay tuned till the end of the article to find out what is the best booster car seats for a 4 year olds on the market today! We have tested and verified car seats available for four-year-olds.
Top 5 Recommended Car Seats for 4 Year Old
We looked at safety features, comfort, adaptability, and other perks that each seat had. Here are 5 car seats for 4 year old that we recommend:
1) Chicco KidFit 2-in-1 Belt-Positioning Booster Car Seat
Chicco KidFit often ranks high on the best booster car seat for a 4 year old list and it definitely deserves it. At an accessible price point, it is loaded with great features like snaps, double foam padding and 2 position backrest detachable cup holders.
This high back seat can get converted to a backless booster side-impact protection. There are two retractable cup holders which add great benefits in a long run. The parents ramble about the seat’s weight and the kid-approved comfort level.
- Dimensions: 32.75 x 16.5 x 18.75 inches.
- Weight: 10.2 pounds.
- Premium LATCH connectors with SuperCinch one-pull tightener.
- Ergo Boost contoured seat with double foam padding.
- Removable, machine-washable seat pad, cushions.
- 2 dishwasher-safe Cup Folders are easy to remove and can be folded.
- For improved impact protection, it has integrated side wings lined with EPS energy-absorbing foam.
Pros & Cons
2) Graco Tranzitions 3 In 1 Harness Booster Seat
A seat reinforcement combination is ideal if you are looking to reduce the amount of baby equipment while trying to maximize your child’s time with a 5-point harness. Great price and loads of features (Simply Safe Adjust belt system for a perfect fit, machine washable seat pad, belts and pillow cases, one-hand adjustable headrest and more) and covers the distance from child to child.
It’s a slimmer, narrower design that works better than the bulky Nautilus for accommodating multiple booster seats in a vehicle. It is also easier for families who travel frequently or change their booster car seat from one vehicle to another. It is also a nice seat that you don’t always find in such a cheap and practical seat.
- Dimensions: 19 x 17.4 x 26.5 inches.
- Weight: 1 Pound.
- Two cup holders for keeping drinks and snacks.
- Open-loop belt helps you to properly position the vehicle’s seat belt.
- Harness covers are comfortable and machine washable.
Pros & Cons
3) Big Kid LX High Back Booster
This Evenflo seat is popular with parents and for good reason: for less than $50, this seat has 6 height positions, great headrest, comfortable padding, two cup holders, and the ability to convert into a column.
Reduced width, especially when more seats are needed in the back row and the seat is light, which makes it easier to transfer from car to car or when traveling. Start with a high-quality entry-level model made from strong and reliable materials that will provide comfort for your baby while being one of the most affordable models on the market.
The Evenflo Big Kid is one of the best booster car seats for a 4 year old on the market for several reasons. The rear strap positioning booster has a very large weight limit of 30 to 110 pounds, while the backless booster can be used for children weighing between 40 and 110 pounds.
- Dimensions: 28 x 15 x 16 inches.
- Weight: 7 pounds.
- Can be converted into backless booster seats.
- Due to 6 position height adjustment, it can accommodate growing children.
- Two elastic cup holders.
- Machine washable pad.
- For added safety and comfort energy absorbing foam liner is provided.
Pros & Cons
4) Graco TurboBooster Highback Booster Seat
If you are looking for a best booster car seat for a 4 year old at an affordable price, this Graco choice is your answer. For less than $ 45, you can get a high-back pillow that seamlessly changes into a backless seat when your child is ready. Adjustable headrest and padded armrests, energy-absorbing foam for shock absorption in the event of accidents, belt guides for positioning the seat belts and the “Best Bet Booster” label from the Institute of Road Insurance.
Graco has made a high-back car seat that is suitable for children who weigh 30 to 100 pounds or are 4 to 10 years old. Tested to meet or exceed American safety standards, this Turbobooster high-back car seat is becoming a choice for parents who want something lightweight, inexpensive, and durable until their child needs it more.
- Dimensions: 15 x 16.5 x 26.5 inches.
- Weight: 8 pounds.
- The seat is easy to carry because the back and bottom stay connected.
- For effective impact energy absorbing it is designed with energy-absorbing foam.
- Multi-layer adjustable headrest for comfort.
Pros & Cons
5) Britax Highpoint 2-Stage Belt-Positioning Booster Car Seat
If you are looking for a child seat that easily combines form and function, this high-back model is for you. Perfect for kids who weigh 40 to 120 pounds and are 44 to 63 inches tall. Turn it into a backless child seat for added safety.
The quickly adjustable headrest can be adjusted to ten different positions for years of comfort. This riser has three layers of side impact protection: a foam-covered headrest, side cushions, and an energy-absorbing shell.
The integrated armrests and soft foam cushions ensure that your baby feels comfortable even when sitting for a long time. It works well with any vehicle. Most vehicles have room for three booster seats, but space may still be available.
- Dimensions: 16L x 19.5W x 27.5H inches.
- Weight: 12 Pounds.
- It can be converted from high back booster to backless booster.
- It has 3 Layers of Side Impact Protection.
- The 10 position adjustable headrest is perfect for your child.
Pros & Cons
Let’s take a look and say the best booster car seat for a 4 year old is the Britax Highpoint 2-Stage Seat Belt Positioning Seat! It not only offers maximum protection in the form of a three-layered side-impact and basic protections but also the correct attachment of seat belts. Finally, you can easily transform it into a backless seat in seconds by removing the extra parts.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What are the types of car seats for a 4 year old?
For a typical 4 year old baby, booster car seats are an ideal option to choose and hence we recommend you, Booster Car Seats for 4 year olds.
- What are the best car seats for a 4 year old baby?
All the 5 booster car seats listed above are the top picks. You can choose any of them according to your needs. Each of them has their advantages over the other.
- How long should the baby sit in the booster car seat?
The child should be in booster seats until the vehicle seat belt fits them perfectly.