It looks like just yesterday you’re taking your kid home from the clinic, and at this time, you’re surfing the world wide web, trying to find the best baby car seat? Mothers everywhere have experienced just how hard it can be to select a car seat for 2 year old baby. At a couple of years, your child will start using the convertible seat.
Your child is increasing so quickly, and he will want suitable gear for those household travels. The ideal baby car seat for 2 year old is now a convertible car seat. A convertible seat will normally start off functioning as a rear-facing seat, and a forward-facing seat, and finally a booster seat for 2 year old. In some specific scenarios, like preemies, it might be required to keep employing an infant car seat for two year old kids which don’t meet height and weight requirements.
5 Best Car Seat for 2 Year Old Baby
If you’re already swamped with reserving and packaging and simply can not find the opportunity to jump through Amazon to surf the best baby car seat, do not worry. I created a valuable collection of the best rear-facing and forward-facing for the two-year-old to relish. Within this informative article, you will get 5 convertible seats and a couple of suggestions on a perfect purchase.
1) Evenflo Tribute 5 Convertible Car Seat, 2-in-1
Evenflo Tribute presents fairly the deal when you have a look at other forms of car seats in the marketplace. Aside from the wonderful cost, this really is my go-to vehicle seat when traveling. Primarily, with 9 lbs, the car seat is lightweight and also an ideal traveling companion.
Most of us recognize that kids may get messy sometimes. And with sometimes, I mean constantly! Accidents are bound to occur whenever you’ve got a toddler from the side, therefore this is the reason why you have to find a car seat that’s simple to wash up and machine washer friendly.
Not only is it your car seat parent-approved however child-approved also. Your youngster won’t complain about their seating structure for all those long car trips on account of the ample cushioning. The convertible car seat is examined for security and handed everyone the requirements.
- Dimensions: 18.5 x 22 x 25.5 inches.
- Weight: 9.29 Pounds.
- Removable Head Pillow: The head pillow is removable. It provides comfort and support for proper head positioning and you can remove it as a baby grows.
- 2 Seats in 1: Two Modes of Harness use – Rear-Facing and Forward-Facing.
- Compact Design: It can be used in small cars and multi-seat as well.
- 4 Shoulder Harness Positions will provide a proper fit for your growing child.
Pros & Cons
2) Cosco Apt 50 Convertible Car Seat
Coming up, number two on the record includes the budget-friendly name. Although I’ve included several cheap things involving those rear-facing and forward-facing seats, this can be actually the cheapest pick from all of them. However, don’t allow the low cost to be the sole admiring attribute. The Cosco Apt 50 convertible car seat fulfills all of the security and ease-of-use evaluations.
Toddlers can put in this car seat rear-facing using a weight limitation of 5 to 40 lbs, and forward-facing encouraging toddlers out of 22 to 50 lbs. In case you decide it’s the ideal time to procure your two-year-old kid in a forward-facing manner, keep in mind that it involves a 5 point adjustable harness which follows their own expansion.
As well as this, the more Cosco Apt 50 car seat also has three different buckle locations. The convertible car seat will probably be on your support for a few years. Together with all the 11-pound lightweight, the convertible car seat gets the FAA acceptance while the guide demonstrates the simple airplane seat setup.
- Dimensions: 25 x 20 x 24 inches.
- Weight: 11 pounds.
- Rear-facing 5-40 pounds and Forward-facing 22-50 pounds.
- It has Side Impact Protection.
- Its seat pad is machine washable and dryer safe.
- It has a 5-point harness.
- It has 6 harness heights and 3 buckle locations.
- It has 2 integrated cup holders.
- Certified to use on aircraft.
Pros & Cons
3) Graco Admiral 65 Convertible Car Seat
Graco Car seat for 2 year old with a line of high-quality car seats and boosters with a great budget. If you’re interested in a vehicle seat with exceptional quality, attributes, and marginally budget-friendly content, then here is the reason you need to think about that the Graco Admiral 65 car seat.
As you’re seeking the safest car seat for 2 year old, it is required to be aware of the car seat’s weight demands in case you’ve got your eye on these. This one was made to support infants from 5-40 lbs in the rear-facing car seat for 2 years old and 22-65 lbs in the forward-facing car seat for 2 years old.
You’re able to flip the vehicle seat around after your toddler reaches 22 lbs, but it is ideal to keep them safe from the life-style manner for so long as they match the dimensions.
Another factor to cover heads around is that the weight of the vehicle seat. You don’t need some excess weight when traveling, but it is a good idea to know that Graco includes a good layout, which provides it a featherweight texture but nevertheless keeps your baby snug and secure.
The car seat doesn’t have a lot of those fancy features like plush cushioning or a few cup holders but it’s a secure and convenient car seating alternative for your child.
- Dimensions: 17.25 x 20.25 x 24.75 inches.
- Weight: 16 pounds.
- It has a Machine Washable Seat Pad.
- It has two Buckles.
- It has a 5-point, front-adjust harness that helps you get the baby in and out easily.
- The cup holder keeps your child’s drinks and snacks close at hand.
- It has removable body support that helps keep the baby comfortable.
Pros & Cons
4) Cosco Mighty Fit 65 DX Convertible Car Seat
Still another choice from Cosco is your Mighty Fit 65 DX Convertible car seat. The same as the preceding Cosco seat we analyzed, this one is also easy in the budget.
Toddlers may utilize this convertible toddler car seat the moment they take the infant for the first vehicle ride. Thus, you may use it in infancy as it encourages between 5 to 40 lbs in a rear-facing manner, up to toddler age once the child reaches 65 lbs.
The Mighty Fit 65 DX convertible car seat also includes a harness having five tap positions and 3 buckle types. Keeping up with all the kid’s has never been simpler.
Considering that the Cosco convertible car seat is really cheap, a couple of additional accessories will not damage your budget.
- Dimensions: 17.00 x 22.00 x 23.50 inches.
- Weight: 13 pounds.
- An extra-comfortable ride that lasts for years: Rear-facing 5-40 pounds and Forward-facing 22-65 pounds.
- It fits 3 across in the back seat of most vehicles.
- It has side Impact Protection.
- It has a 5-point harness.
- The deluxe fabrics present are machine washable and dryer safe.
Pros & Cons
5) Chicco MyFit Harness + Booster Car Seat
This dual foam booster seat has helped mothers through several tough times. There’s more cushioning within this seat than every other Chicco car seats. Lots of booster seats can be heavy and bulky, forcing parents to haul a 20lb car seat using a 20lb infant. But, parents have reported that this seat was lightweight and easy to transport around.
There are eight distinct levels to put the headrest which could be figured out by whether your infant is in the mood to sleep or stay alert.
Additionally, there are four recline positions along with a five-point harness. This seat is for kids weighing between 22-65lbs at a high back booster, also 40-100lbs if a backless booster. The expiration date is 8 Years following the production date.
In addition, there are storage compartments to its use and LATCH straps. The harness straps may be somewhat hard to twist. Some mothers have concurred that this version doesn’t have durable straps but aside from that, it was worth the purchase.
- Dimensions: 21 x 17 x 26 inches.
- Weight: 25 pounds.
- It has duo Guard Protection i.e. two layers of protection with a deep rigid shell and EPS energy-absorbing foam.
- It has 9-Position Headrest which is easy to adjust. It offers extendable comfort throughout both modes.
- It has a breathable backrest.
- Zip & Wash Fabric.
- It has Kid Storage Console.
Pros & Cons
Why We Pick these Baby Car Seats for 2 year old?
We did immense research and make a list of 10 baby car seat for 2 years old. Then we took reviews from the parents which bought the baby car seats from our list. We asked about every aspect which is important from the safety point of view. And then based on their reviews we picked the top 5 car seat for a 2 year old baby.
We pick these baby car seat for 2 year old baby by keeping the following points in our mind.
- We tried to keep the seats in our list which is light in weight
- Then we considered the next important aspect i.e. Easy Installation.
- Then an important aspect from a safety point of view i.e. Crashes Testing.
So that is the wrapping!
The 1 thing which matters above all is the kid’s safety. Knowing your son or daughter is secure from the backseat is the one thing a mom wants when taking them puts at a vehicle.
It may be critical to have a car seat using all the latch system, breathable cloth, and outstanding crash-test outcomes. By recognizing those components, you can greatly narrow your search to find the car seat that’s highly compatible with your Little One
Which car seat for 2 year old baby have you ever attempted? Tell us in the comments below!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What kind of car seat should a 2 year old use?
As per the guidelines, it is mandatory that parents should secure a 2 year old in a rear-facing car seat until they fulfill the criteria given by the manufacturer. They can be transitioned in front-facing only if they exceed the weight limits.
Is a booster car seat for 2 year old baby is safe?
Not at all. 2 years old is still an infant. The booster seat is safe for the 4-5 years old Kid.
When you should switch from The Infant Seat to Toddler Seat?
Well, the answer can’t be according to age. And the reason is that the different child has a different height at a different age. So you should switch from infant seat to toddler seat only when your child exceeds the height limit.
At which age, height and weight we should start using a front-facing seats?
For using a front-facing seat, the age requirement is 2 years old and when it weighs around 90-110lbs.